Advertisement – Seeking applications for 3 Non- Executive Elected Directors
NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – COLES LITTLE ATHLETICS AUSTRALIA
• Coles Little Athletics Australia is a high-profile not-for-profit association seeking to elect three (3) Non-Executive Directors to its National Board.
• Directors actively contribute to the strategic direction of Little Athletics Australia and assist in the development of healthy attitudes, fitness and social skills of Australia’s next generation.
• Directors broaden their Board experience in a dynamic not-for-profit association delivering a national program for approximately 100,000 children.
• Directors are responsible for driving the strategic direction of the sport to ensure sustainability into the future.
• Directors are not remunerated however out of pocket expenses are covered by the Association.
Coles Little Athletics is a uniquely Australian athletics program for children from 5 to 16 years with around 100,000 Little Athletes participating at almost 550 centres across the country. The motto of Little Athletics is ‘Family, Fun and Fitness’. The emphasis is on fun, participation, performance, technique and families getting involved in healthy physical activity.
Coles Little Athletics Australia has recently reviewed and renewed its governance arrangements and structure to ensure that the Association is strategically situated to grow and deliver quality athletics programs into the future. As a result, the Coles Little Athletics Australia Board membership is being renewed in order to diversify and optimise its skills-base. The new ‘skills-based’ governance structure comprises eight (8) Directors; five (5) elected and three (3) appointed Directors. Director terms during transition are between 18 months and 30 months. Following transition, Director terms are two (2) years, with the possibility of re-election for a maximum of three (3) terms.
Coles Little Athletics Australia is seeking applications for the positions of 3 Non-Executive Elected Directors to its National Board. The Board is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the organisation and setting overarching policies to meet the organisation’s objectives and compliance obligations.
Mandatory Criteria for Applicants
Candidates must meet the following mandatory criteria:
• Eligible for directorship.
• Previous not-for-profit or corporate board or management committee experience.
• Availability to commit to quarterly face-to-face interstate Board meetings, with additional Board consultation via teleconference calls.
• Working with Children Check, or willing to obtain one.
Desirable Criteria for Applicants
Candidates should meet some of the following desirable criteria:
• Completed Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) or Not-for-Profit programs or equivalent programs.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the delivery of community-based programs.
• Demonstrate sophisticated strategic thinking and problem solving.
• Demonstrate experience in governance in the Australian sporting sector.
• Demonstrate experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Corporate or not-for profit governance
o Strategic planning
o Risk management
o Human resources
o Fundraising or sponsorship
o Information technology
o Marketing, media or communications
o Change management and cultural reform
o Sports administration and/or participation/management of grass-roots sport
o Medical, health, athletic performance and athlete welfare
All nominations will be considered by a Nominations Committee before recommendations are put to a member vote.
All information including the Coles Little Athletics Australia Constitution, Annual Report, Strategic Plan and related publications can be found on our website.
The nomination form including constitution that the Elected Directors will be governed by are included below. Completed nomination forms must be submitted to your state or territory association for endorsement and lodgement to the Coles Little Athletics Australia Chief Executive Officer Martin Stillman at email@example.com. For further inquiries, please contact the CEO on 03 9682 1511.