Little Athletics is committed to ensuring the protection and wellbeing of all children and young people who are members of Little Athletics. Our Child Protection Policy has been endorsed by the Association as part of our commitment to proactively ensure the rights of children and young people to safety and to act without hesitation in the maintenance of a safe environment for children.
To view the full version of our Child Protection Policy Click below
Statement of Intent:
Coles Little Athletics Australia recognises the need to make provision for children and young persons, and acknowledges its moral and legal responsibility to ensure that:
· The protection and welfare of the child is paramount
· All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin religious beliefs and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from abuse;
· All suspicions and allegations of sexual harm or abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately
· All staff (paid /unpaid) working within our sport have a responsibility to report concerns to the appropriate officer
Extent of the Policy:
The Little Athletics Child Protection policy includes all behaviour across all levels of the structure of the Association and all events and functions. The Policy applies to all members, staff, volunteers, visitors, Committee and Board members.
In addition the Policy also applies to personal behaviour by individuals where that behaviour involves the suspicion or act of sexual harm or abuse against a child or young person which may be seen as bringing Little Athletics into disrepute.
Little Athletics’ Responsibilities:
Coles Little Athletics Australia is committed to the protection and wellbeing of all children and young people participating in our programs. Little Athletics believes that children need to know and believe that they have the right to be safe and feel safe at all times. Children are the most vulnerable members of our society. This policy has been developed to promote and enhance the safety and welfare of children.
Little Athletics regards the interests of children as paramount and acknowledges that it is the adults in our society who have the responsibility for protecting children. This policy highlights the need for understanding the complexity of child abuse and emphasises that staff and volunteers must take action when child abuse is suspected
Our Centres’ Responsibilities:
The Little Athletics Centres are committed to ensuring the implementation and compliance with the Child Protection and Risk Management Policy. Our Centres will seek advice and discuss any concerns or issues relating to the Policy with Little Athletics Australia.
Further, our Centres will ensure the distribution and promotion of the Policy to all staff, volunteers and related persons.
All staff, volunteers and Committee members must:
· Adhere to the policies and codes of conduct outlined in the Child Protection and Risk Management Policy
· Ensure that all actions and behaviours are conducted in the best interests of the protection and safety of children and young people
· Ensure that their personal behaviour are conducted in the best interests of the protection and safety children and young people
· Remain informed of the policies and codes of conduct as determined by Little Athletics
To view more information click on the Fact Sheet links below-